Fender Concert Tone Mandolin "A" 52E
The Fender® Concert Tone Mandolin "A" 52E, Familiar vintage "A-style" aesthetics, authentic Fender sound and upgraded features unite to make the acoustic/electric Concert Tone A52E a mandolin you won't stop playing. Redesigned from the ground up for rich, complex tone, increased playing comfort and more projection, this lovely instrument adds a passive piezo pickup to amplify the instrument’s inherent sound.
Spruce Top: Spruce is the standard modern tonewood for fashioning the tops of acoustic guitars and other acoustic instruments—few woods can beat its strength, brightness and dynamic range and it responds well to any acoustic playing style, from hard strumming to fast flatpicking to delicate fingerpicking. In addition to its other fine appointments, this instrument features the classic look of chrome hardware.
'A' style design: This is the classic teardrop-shaped mandolin body style with a simpler headstock design, a long-established classic for Irish, folk and even classical music.
- Body Back Laminated Mahogany
- Body Sides Laminated Mahogany
- Body Top Laminated Spruce
- Body Finish High Gloss Lacquer
- Body Shape Mandolin
- Body Binding Aged White
- Neck Material Nato
- Neck Finish High Gloss
- Neck Shape "V" Shape
- Scale Length 13.7" (348 mm)
- Fingerboard Material Rosewood
- Number of Frets 21
- Nut Material Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width 1.125" (28.5 mm)
- Position Inlays Pearloid "Vintage Nouveau"
- Truss Rod Dual-Action
- Bridge Rosewood
- Hardware Finish Nickel-Plated
- Tuning Machines Nickel with Pearloid Buttons
- Pickguard 3-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Strings Fender® Phosphor Bronze Mandolin Strings, (.011-.040 Gauges)
- Other Features 3-Ply Tortoise Pickguard, Bound Fingerboard, Adjustable Height Bridge, Chrome Tailpiece, "Concert Tone" Block Inlay at 19th Fret, Rope Purfling