Boss DS1 Distortion 40th Anniversary
Boss DS-1 Distortion 40th Anniversary
The DS-1 Distortion was introduced in 1978 as part of the second wave of compact pedal releases. Its hard-edged attack and smooth sustain was an instant success among guitarists, going on to fuel the signature sounds of numerous rock legends. The DS-1 has enjoyed such enduring popularity that’s it’s remained in the lineup to this day, outselling every other BOSS pedal to date.
To commemorate 40 years of BOSS pedal innovation, we’ve released a special version of the DS-1 that features a black body with gold lettering, gold-capped knobs, and a vintage silver thumbscrew for the battery compartment. The pedal comes in a special box with the BOSS 40th anniversary logo, and will be available in 2017 only.
The Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal provides a harder distortion effect for guitar and keyboard sounds. Instead of toneless, fuzzy distortion, the DS-1 faithfully reproduces all the subtle nuances of playing dynamics--at any volume.
- Classic BOSS Distortion tones for guitar and keyboard
- Reproduces dynamics of playing, from soft to hard
- Distortion, Level and Tone control to tailor overall sound as desired
- BOSS five-year warranty
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 470 ohms
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohms
- Equivalent Input Noise Level: -122 dBu (IHF-A, Typ.)
- Connectors: INPUT Jack, OUTPUT Jack, AC Adaptor Jack (DC 9 V)
- Power Supply: DC 9 V: Dry Battery 9 V type (6F22/9 V), AC Adaptor
- Current Draw 4 mA (DC 9 V)
- Accessories: Dry Battery 9 V type (6F22/9 V)
- Option: AC Adaptor (PSA-Series)